- Louisiana State - LW 1 - Defense didn't look great against MSU. Gets a bye week before the huge game in the Swamp with the Gators. Game has lost some of its luster, but if LSU wins it, they will be looking good for back to back championships.
- Alabama - LW 7 - Most impressive team in the nation so far this season. I did not have them in my top 25 this season and they have proved me wrong and added an exclamation point to it with how they flat out dominated UGA. I don't think they go undefeated, but the West is going to be a great battle this year in the SEC.
- Oklahoma - LW 3 - I definitely think OU is one of the best teams in the nation, but I still want to see them play a legitimate team. Baylor is better, but they don't count. I'm not buying the hype on this team until I see them against top competition.
- Texas - LW 6 - Looked great against Arkansas, but who hasn't. I think Texas might be the best team in the Big12 this year. We'll see in a couple weeks at the Red River Shootout.
- Southern California - LW 2 -USC is not invincible, duh. People who had that attitude are now bailing on USC. However for those who had a rational view on them won't be so hasty, as USC is still one of the elite teams in the country. Oregon State just played out of their minds and took advantages of breaks when they go them. Who would have thought Orgeon State would be the OSU to upset the Trojans before the season? However, USC does need to fix it's run defense as that is the most troubling aspect of the game to me.
- Missouri - LW 8 - I still think this team is overrated. They can do a little bit to dispel the notion against the Cornhuskers this weekend, but Nebraska is still rebuilding. Missouri is top 10, but not a national title contender in my mind.
- Penn State - LW 12 - Probably the second most impressive team in the nation when considering just performance and not opponents. I think they are for real, but want to see them play a real team first before I crown them.
- South Florida - LW 9 - Looked better against NCST than Clemson, East Carolina, and South Carolina did. I don't know if that means anything, but it's good enough to be in the top 10 in my mind.
- Florida - LW 4 - Crushing loss to Ole Miss. All facets of the game looked bad. Still, UF lost this game more than Ole Miss won it, with multiple turnovers after having none this year, and allowing a blocked extra point. This team needs to pull together as it can still accomplish all its goals with some help. Playing the worst team in the SEC this week might help.
- Georgia - LW 5 - In the most surprising result of the season in my mind, UGA got destroyed by Bama for a half before making the score look better in the second half. A ton of talent on this team, and a loss to a top 5 team doesn't kill your season. Still, just like UF, they have a lot of soul searching to do.
- Brigham Young - LW 11 - Continues to beat up on subpar teams, but that's what good teams do. Looks like the cream of the BCS busters this season.
- Auburn - LW 13 -Another ugly game against UT this time. Still, with that defense, Auburn should be in every game they play this season. A big game with Vandy this weekend (who would have ever thought that sentence would be typed some day).
- Kansas - LW 14 - Still winning game as others falter. With as strong as the Big12 is, this team has a chance to make some noise in the national picture. OOC schedule is still piss poor though.
- Ohio State - LW 15 - A lot of people are falling in love with OSU again. I don't see exactly why. Pryor has looked good no doubt, but after the shellacking by USC, they have had to so so performances against Troy and Minnesota. Where is all the excitement coming from?
- Wisconsin - LW 14 -Brutal loss at Ann Arbour. They completely blew this game. All is forgiven if they beat OSU this weekend though. If they win they are still in the drivers seat for the Big10 in my mind. If they lose they are all but done.
- Texas Tech - LW 16 - Most overrated team in the nation. Still haven't played a team with a pulse yet.I predict 4 Big12 losses and another bottom of the top 25 finish. Not bad, but a far cry from the top 10 ranking they are getting by most.
- Utah - LW 17 - A huge game against Oregon State this week. Can OSU pull an upset two weeks in a row or will they have a let down? I say Oregon State shocks the world again and gets their second huge upset in as many weeks.
- Virgina Tech - LW 24 - That ECU loss is looking more and more flukey. This is never a team to write off. Should be the ACC favorite as of now.
- Fresno State - LW 19 - Not looking great against Toledo, but a let down was expected after a tough loss. This team still can do big things this season. Needs to win out though.
- Vanderbilt - LW 20 - Saturday might be Vanderbilts biggest game ever. Gameday is going to be there (okay, I finally believe in SEC bias) and Vandy has a chance to make a statement and let the nation know that they're for real and not a byproduct of a weak schedule and playing the SEC. Good luck!
- North Carolina - LW 22 - Great win against Miami. Has a great shot in the ACC this year and would have been set if they hadn't folded against Virginia Tech. Still going to surprose a lot of people though.
- Connecticut - LW 21 - Yes they're winning, but they aren't looking good doing it. They are the darkhorse pick for Big East champion, but I see them losing a minimum of two game in the conference and likely more. Still, they're undefeated and have done as much as any other team at the bottom of the top 25 and deserve to be ranked.
- Boise State - LW 25 - Beating Oregon won't look as good later in the season. Will probably make a BCS bowl with an undefeated season, but I hope they lose, because I don't think they deserve it this year. If Fresno beats them and wins out otherwise I think they should get a spot.
- Oklahoma State - LW UR - T. B. Pickens should be proud right now. His alma mater has taken care of business and they have a chance to do big things in a loaded Big12. The schedule is tough, but it also provides much opportunity. I think they're defense needs to improve if they're to contend in the Big12 though.
- Michigan State - LW UR - Javon Ringer is my top Heisman running back now and as long as he is leading this team they are dangerous in the Big10.
Jacquizz Rodgers - Amazing performance against USC. Almost single handily beat the men of Troy. My favorite performance of the year so far.
On the cusp:
- Illinois - I was high on Illinois, but am full of questions after a bad game against Louisianna Lafayette.
- Wake Forest - Losing to Navy is almost inexcusable, but it doesn't hurt them in the ACC. It's still a good team, but not great.
- Air Force - Playing in the MWC will give them a couple shots to beat some high profile teams. Even BCS teams don't want to play them though with their crazy offense.
- Ball State - Don't know a lot about this team, but they have done what they need to do and I'll pay more attention as the season goes on.
- Kentucky - Huge game against Bama. They should get slaughtered, but if they win the SEC might end up being 8 deep this year and definitely 6 deep at worst.
East Carolina (23) - Cinderella has turned into a pumpkin and been dropped from the third story. It has gotten ugly.
Wake Forest (22) - ABOVE